Brewing Craft Mead
Craft Mead uses a small fraction of the resources that craft beer requires. Here are a few quick facts with links to full analyses.
- Brewing craft mead uses about 6% of the energy of brewing beer. Energy Use Analysis
- Our total production energy use is about 4% of the energy for craft beer. Energy Analysis
- We use half as much water in production and just 10% of the cleaning water that a craft beer brewery uses. Water Use
- The honey yields 45% lower Greenhouse Gas Emissions than the malt for the same amount of beer. Honey Info
- Our wastewater is so clean that it can actually increase the efficiency of our wastewater treatment plant. Wastewater
- Temperature stabilization substantially decreases our GHG Emissions in the lifecycle of our mead. Temperature Stabilization