Areas for Improvement
At Vermont Craft Mead, we strive for continual improvement in every area of our business, from the consistency of our product to the way we live out our mission.
It's also important that we're honest about areas where we've failed in the past or simply hope to do better.
Below are some areas of improvement for us that we are either currently working on or are on the horizon.
- Increase the diversity of our staff in Vermont and around the country.
- Increase the starting wage for the company to $15/hr for all new hires.
- Continue to expand our benefit offerings for all employees.
- Improve profitability to justify further salary increases for all employees.
- Eliminate natural gas heating for the entire building.
- Switch to renewable natural gas for production.
- Go 100% solar for our power needs.
- Continue to grow our carpooling program.
- Find additional events which specifically support people of all identities.
- Open Bondegaard to the public.
- Launch a community solar program.